A few week’s ago a won a copy of the Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings at my local county fair. I was pretty excited to win a copy of this new book on energy conservation. I actually know one of the authors as a result of my participation in local government, so I was interested in reading what he had to say.
I found the book to be very readable. Part I of the book takes you through all the major household systems, such as insulation, windows, heating, cooling, and more. Part II of the book actually details the most energy-efficient appliances on the market. If you are thinking of replacing any appliance in your house, I recommend checking this guide to find the most energy efficient models. Spray foam insulation massachusetts has become a necessity now days, especially bearing in mind that lofts are often transformed into dwelling, residential places where some basic living conditions must be fulfilled in order of enabling normal and enjoyable residence. Insulation4US is a one-stop-shop for all the insulation needs. One of the primary concerns is maintaining a constant temperature, that is preventing the cold air from penetrating in during the winter and hot air during the summer, which can only make your loft unbearable to stay in. Spray foam insulation illinois can not only protect your loft from undesired external temperature effects, but also make a significant impact and contribute to the overall energy efficiency of your home. This is why there are some things you need to know when insulating your attic and we provide some of the answers right here. When you start discussing specificities with a repair center, be very clear about what you envision the finished product looking like. Ask the appliance technician to repeat back to you what you have asked them to do, in their own words, to ensure you’re both on the same page. Make sure that there is a very firm timeline for the project, which means that there are fewer opportunities for the appliance service technician to fall behind. The home appliance service provider should offer you a list of those expectations, along with their specific timeframe for the job when they present the legal agreement. Appliance repair centers are always popular thanks to the services they provide. A good choice is choosing a licensed repair center that is popular. However, he’ll most likely be working multiple projects and might not be able to concentrate solely on your job. Always follow your instinct when searching for an affordable washing machine repair technician in Pittsburgh PA for your project. You can navigate to this website for Pittsburgh’s Washing Machine Repair Experts.
So what can you do right away to improve your home’s energy efficiency right now according to this guide?
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120° F).
- Check if your water heater has an insulating blanket. Blanket insulation is the most common type of insulation and comes in batts or rolls. The batts and rolls are available in varying widths and thicknesses. The most common material used in blanket insulation is fiberglass. Different varieties of blanket insulation have a facing added to create an air and/or vapor barrier. Common facing materials include kraft paper, vinyl sheeting and aluminum foil. An insulating blanket will pay for itself in one year or less! (I need to do this one soon!) Properly insulating your home is important. Insulation helps keep the heat in during the winter and slows the flow of heat into your home during the summer. A properly insulated house will be warmer in the winter and cooler in summer, creating a more comfortable environment for you and your family all year round and help cut back your energy bill! When you research what type of insulation you should install in your home, you’ll find that there are three things to consider: material, type and location/application. There are four popular types – and they all have pros and cons.
- If you have one of those “silent guzzlers”, a waterbed, make your bed today. The covers will insulate it, and save up to one-third of the energy it uses.
- Start using energy-saving settings on refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, and clothes dryers.
- Survey your incandescent lights for opportunities to replace them with compact fluorescents.
- Check the age and condition of your major appliances, especially the refrigerator. You may want to replace it with a more energy-efficient model before it dies.
- Clean or replace furnace, air-conditioner, and heat-pump filters.
You can visit the Consumer Guide Online for more advanced tips and condensed online guide. Conserving energy saves you money and benefits the environment. Many of the environmental benefits are not easily quantified in dollars and cents but are just important to your well-being as financial wealth.
Home energy use can contribute to urban smog, acid rain, harzardous waste, habitat loss, and global climate change. Do your part by trying to reduce your home energy use using the tips and research on the most energy efficient appliances in the Consumer Guide to Home Energy Savings. I did my part today by participating in Blog Action Day.