After another week of chaos and drama in the market, Congress finally passed a bailout plan. Mr. Market was not impressed and the indexes closed low today. Now that the weekend is here, it’s time to step back from the noise and focus on what’s important. A great first step to doing that is to look at the top stories of the week at Value Investing News. They are as follows:
- Why Airlines Are Bad Investments
- Buffett Buying Into GE
- Which Bank will be next? Follow the dividend cuts
- The Trader and the Investor
- Staples vs Office Depot: ROE vs Price
- 25% Skim on RIM
- Hart Stores: Value Trap?
- Buffett says financial crisis is an ‘economic Pearl Harbor’ that needs immediate counterattack
- Chevron Corporation (CVX) Dividend Stock Analysis
- Magic Formula Stock Review: Conn’s (CONN)
Be sure to also check out the new monthly contest for October at Value Investing News. We are giving away subscriptions to the excellent and unique MagicDiligence service.
I’ll be spending my weekend preparing for my trip to the Value Investing Congress. The timing of this conference couldn’t be any better given the turmoil in the financial markets and the newly signed government bailout. I’m excited to learn about the investment opportunities some of the best professional value investors are discovering. Be sure to follow Fat Pitch Financials closely next week, since I’m planning to blog live from the event if all goes well. I’ll also be submitting links to Value Investing News of any other stories about the Value Investing Congress that I learn about.