This is the time of year when value investors from all over the world gather in Omaha, Nebraska for the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting. At Fat Pitch Financials, I’m already starting to develop the 2008 Ultimate Guide to the annual meeting. I will be updating Fat Pitch Financials all weekend with the latest stories coming out of Omaha just like I did for the 2007 Ultimate Berkshire Hathaway Annual Meeting Guide.
Please send me links to any contest being report from the annual meeting by either emailing me, posting them to Value Investing News, or Twittering me. If you use Twitter, I suggest that you subscribe to my account, FatPitch. I’ll be posting links about the Berkshire Hathaway meeting live as I find them this weekend. I wonder if anyone will be sending out tweets live during the meeting.
To get everyone in the mood for the upcoming Woodstock for capitalists, here are the top value investing news stories of the week:
- Underestimating Warren Buffett
- Francis Chou speech notes
- David Einhorn on WealthTrack
- Long View: Even the great investors get the right bets wrong
- Now Available: The Four Filters Invention of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger
- Peter Bernstein – One Guy Who Has Seen It All Doesn’t Like What He Sees Now
- Magic Formula Business Sector #8: Software
- Warren Buffett Finances Mars-Wrigley Deal: The Complete CNBC Interview
- Mars, Buffett Team Up in Wrigley Bid
- Sampling Western Sizzlin’s Fare
Also be sure to read the 2008 First Quarterly Report for Berkshire Hathaway. It just came out a little while ago.
Before you leave, I just wanted to mention that we’ve done a bit of spring cleaning at Value Investing News. I hope you like the new look. Let us know if you have any suggestion or feedback on the new design.