Are you looking for the perfect gift for a value investor? The new Sixth Edition of Security Analysis comes in a limited leatherbound edition. This massive beautifully bound classic Benjamin Graham and David Dodd text would be treasured by any value investor. If you are still looking for a holiday gift for a close associate or maybe for a son or daughter starting their investment career, this looks like the perfect gift that would last a lifetime.
This sixth edition of Security Analysis features a preface written by Warren Buffett. In it, he reveals that he has read the 1940 masterwork at least four times. This sixth edition is based on the 1940 edition. In addition to the preface by Mr. Buffett, the sixth edition also features an additional 200 pages of commentary from some of today’s leading value investors. The contributor list includes:
- Seth A. Klarman, president of The Baupost Group, L.L.C. and author of Margin of Safety.
- James Grant, founder of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, general partner of Nippon Partners.
- Jeffrey M. Laderman, twenty-five year veteran of BusinessWeek.
- Roger Lowenstein, author of Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist and When America Aged and Outside Director, Sequoia Fund.
- Howard S. Marks, CFA, Chairman and Co-Founder, Oaktree Capital Management L.P..
- J. Ezra Merkin, Managing Partner, Gabriel Capital Group ..
- Bruce Berkowitz, Founder, Fairholme Capital Management..
- Glenn H. Greenberg, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Chieftain Capital Management.
- Bruce Greenwald, Robert Heilbrunn Professor of Finance and Asset Management, Columbia Business School.
- David Abrams, Managing Member, Abrams Capital
I wouldn’t be surprised if this limited edition version of Security Analysis becomes a collector’s item in the future. This would be especially true if you could one or more of the commentators to sign your copy. If this ultimate gift does not quite work for you, consider my previous value investor gift ideas.